SCRAP presents YO-KAI WATCH PUZZLE HUNT
This event has ended – thanks to all those who joined us!
Solve the puzzles and find Yo-Kai hiding throughout Little Tokyo!
SCRAP presents YO-KAI WATCH PUZZLE HUNT is a free, live-experience puzzle game in collaboration with YO-KAI WATCH in which players explore the Little Tokyo neighborhood in order to solve puzzles. There is no 60-minute time limit, and you can start, stop, and resume the game any time between 1pm and 5pm on October 15th and between 12pm and 4pm on October 16th.
How to Join the Game
1. Receive a Yo-kai Watch wristband and free game kit (one per player or group) at AkibaFest PLAZA STAGE during the stages of SCRAP’s Puzzle Game.
*Check the stage schedule here. SCRAP’s Puzzle Game happens 4 times each day.
**You need an entry to AkibaFest in order to receive the game kit to play.
2. Read the instructions on the game kit and play the game between the hours of 1pm and 5pm on October 15th and between 12pm and 4pm on October 16th.
*You may receive small prizes (up to early 200 players) by finishing each puzzle.
3. Join the raffle prizes at the last stage of the day after you solve all the puzzles.
* Raffle time: October 15th – 5PM, October 16th – 4PM
** Raffle Prizes List:
YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits
YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls
YO-KAI WATCH Model Zero
YO-KAI WATCH JIBANYAN JUMBO PLUSH
YO-KAI WATCH WHISPER JUMBO PLUSH
YO-KAI WATCH TRADING CARD GAME: JIBANYAN AND WALKAPPA STARTER PACK
*** Raffle location is at AkibaFest PLAZA STAGE.
FREE to play!! No registration required.
No team size limit
Allow minimum an hour (Puzzles will be released at stages)
Saturday, October 15th 1:00pm – 5:00pm
Sunday, October 16th 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Little Tokyo, Los Angeles (AkibaFest)
1. Is this an event or an escape room? How long will it be open?
This is a puzzle hunt event – it is NOT an escape game or escape room! The game takes place concurrently with AkibaFest and Little Tokyo of Los Angeles for 2 days only.
2. So what is this game exactly?
SCRAP presents YO-KAI WATCH PUZZLE HUNT is just that: a puzzle hunt game in collaboration with YO-KAI WATCH in which you visit checkpoints at Little Tokyo and solve puzzles to find Yo-Kai hiding throughout Little Tokyo.
3. Do I need to go to Little Tokyo?
In order to play the game, you need to visit Little Tokyo and enter AkibaFest.
4. What happens when we reach the story’s ending?
You can enter a raffle prizes! Our prizes include Yokai-Watch 2 and more!
5. How long do we need to finish the game?
Depending on whether you take breaks or not, the game duration will vary. However, we expect the game to take at least an hour. Puzzles will be released at each stage of SCRAP’s Puzzle Game so you may need to wait for next stages in order to complete the game.
6. What happens if we run out of time?
If it is on October 15th, you can resume play on October 16th.
7. Can I use the bathroom and eat during the game?
This game allows you to move at your own pace. You are welcome to take breaks, use bathrooms, and have meals in Little Tokyo.
8. What should I wear?
Wear comfortable shoes, as you will need to walk around the event area during the game. A part of the game may also take place outside the buildings, so dress for the weather.
9. What is the parking situation like?
Public parking around AkibaFest and Little Tokyo is rather limited. We recommend taking public transit or using ride-sharing services.