You will have mysterious clues in your hands. Use your detective mind, cooperate with your fellows, and find the last treasure spot. The biggest Treasure Hunt in SF Japantown will take place this summer!
The event is over and we literary got 1000 Treasure Hunters.
Thank you all 1000 players!!
The next game that SCRAP produces is a treasure hunt at J-POP Summit Festival 2013 that 1,000 Treasure Hunters will join! This game is not in the usual “Real Escape Game” format. There is no “60 minutes” time limit and no countdown call to rush you. Enjoy treasure hunting, puzzle solving, and the festival itself!
However, the mystery that awaits you are challenging as well as the other Real Escape Games that produced by SCRAP. You will be surrounded by a lot of Treasure Hunters. Let’s communicate with the other players, solve the clues, and find the goal together. You should have plenty of time!
At the end of the second day, July 28th, the debriefing solution and treasure lottery will take place on the Peace Plaza Pagoda stage in Japantown. It is also scheduled to be broadcasted in live-stream. This will also be the first time our clues will be open to the public for you to talk about the game, and share to your heart’s content.
What is the Treasure?
1. J-POP Summit Official Lucky Pack
Inside of the pack will be a lot of unique gifts that you cannot get anywhere else, like special items or autographs from artists who are guests of the festival, or the goods from the sponsors of the festival!
2. SCRAP Original Items from Japan
We got some our original unique items from Japan!
3. THE TREASURE CHEST from the Mysterious Room
This treasure box may familiar to you who came to the Mysterious Room. Yes, this is that one. There are ONLY 4 treasure chests that exists in the world, Tokyo, Kyoto, Taipei, and San Francisco!. This time, we will give one that has been actually used in Kyoto to the winner of the 1000 Treasure Hunters! If you use it, your room would turn into the Mysterious Room immediately=)! Hide the clues and invite your friend!
How to Join the Treasure Hunt
1. Purchase a ticket online by the day before the game. http://1000th.eventbrite.com
2. At the day of the event, receive the clue set at the Starting Point.
3. Solve the clues, and find the goal!
1. For this time, there is NO TEAM SIZE LIMIT. You can enjoy the game by yourself, or feel free to make a team with your friends. Please have fun solving the mystery with the other players! *Each person who participate the game will need a ticket.
2. You can start the game anytime during the day before the reception close at the date. Take your time to solve the clues.
3. According to our calculations, it is expected that the completion of this game would take approximately 1.5-2 hours.
4. The treasure is NOT a “first come, first win”. Reaching the goal early does not mean getting a better treasure. Wonderful treasure will be chosen by lottery by those who reached the goal. Please join the lottery at the stage to receive the treasure on the stage!
5. To find the treasure, you will need to walk around the town. Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
6. This treasure hunt is made up with the help of local residents. Do not break anything. Do not hurt yourself or others. No running!
7. We hope you can solve all clues by yourself with the other players. However, you can give up and we would be able to tell you the answers.
8. All aspects of the game will be conducted in English. The puzzles require no special skills or knowledge to solve. The only thing required is use of intuitive logic and deductive reasoning.
Date & Time
2013 July Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th
-Sat 27th 11am – 5pm (The reception will close at 3:30pm)
-Sun 28th 11am – 3:30pm (The reception will close at 2pm)
*The debriefing solution will be held on Sunday, the 28th at 4pm at the stage of Peace Plaza. It is also scheduled for live-streaming online. USTREAM Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/realegame
*The checkpoint will be open on Sat 11am-5pm, and Sun 11am-3:30pm.
*Players can participate only once on July 27th or 28th.
at J-POP Summit Festival 2013 in Japantown in San Francisco
Starting point is located at the Peace Plaza in Japantown
Public Transportation to the Festival
Japantown, although in the center of the city, is not the most centrally located for public transportation. You will need to take one or more of BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) or Muni ( San Francisco Municipal Railway & Buses ) to reach Japantown. BUT DON’T GET DISCOURAGED!!! 511.org gives a very detailed trip planner that shows you the best way to get to Japantown from where you are, and with transit schedules specific to the time you plan to travel.
During festivals, the Japan Center Garage could be accessed ONLY from the entrance of 1610 Geary Boulevard. ( Enter from right-hand lane of Geary Boulevard shortly after crossing Laguna Street while driving West and away from Downtown ) Check out the rates: http://sfjapantown.org/parking/ Once the garage is full, the greater Japantown area offers various street parking. Please double check the parking regulation signs before leaving your car for the whole day.
* Children under 18 years of age requires a parent/guardian waiver signature.
* Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to enjoy the game to its fullest.
* Children under 6 years of age are free of admission.
* Ticket price is for 1 participant. Please purchase a ticket for each person.
* All sales are final. Please be aware of that our game is a live event, so once the booking is confirmed, refunds, cancellations or reschedules are not accepted.